Friday, December 28, 2007

G Gauchos, Argh pirate girls ahoy!






These turned out really cool. I had to work on the elastic again since it was old stuff I picked up at goodwill. And the sizes were not exactly right, I should have measured but live and learn and they like them. I made the pink ones for G2 for her violin recital and there was supposed to be a shirt and poncho that went with it but she decided she did not want to wear them all together. The girls wanted them longer than the pattern and wider (born in the wrong era eh?) and I like the pirate flair that the ties bring-I made those longer too so that they hung down. G1 wanted a pair also so she dug into my vintage stash and chose this polyester lovely. I think they look totally cool and were a lot of fun to make. My kids prefer to wear things they designed themselves! Craft on dudes....

No comments: